Happy Independence Day! One of the best parts of the 4th of July? The food. This year YENSA is celebrating by giving you guys our list of our favorite red, white and blue superfoods to make your 4th of July fun and healthy.
- Pomegranates: packed with antioxidants; fight free radicals; reduces inflammation
Cranberries: prevent UTI’s; contribute to preventing heart disease, cancer, and even strokes; rich in polyphenols
- Raspberries: contain Vitamins A, C, and E; rich in anthocyanins; contain cancer-fighting phytochemicals
- Lychee: contains Vitamin C, Vitamin B-complex, and fiber; rich source of potassium
- Garlic: plays a role in reducing heart disease risk; can reduce blood pressure; can combat sickness, including the common cold
- White peaches: aid in digestion; reduce allergy symptoms; packed with nutrients and antioxidants
- Blueberries: protect cholesterol; lower blood pressure; can help maintain brain function and maintain memory
- Blackberries: great source of Vitamin K; high in fiber; helps support oral health
- Eggplants: high in antioxidants; help maintain blood sugar; could help with weight loss (high in fiber, low in calories)
We hope that you all can enjoy these red, white, and blue superfoods this holiday! The great thing about this list is that these foods are all extremely versatile and can be incorporated into so many of your already favorite holiday dishes! Let us know your favorite ways to use them in the comments below.
Written by: Haley Gaydos